Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Still sorting

I am still sorting things out. Some things seem destined not to occur, or at least not now, but even those things are not sorted out. To put things into mundane perspective, one of the things I am considering is moving to a new home. I called a real estate agent ten days ago to look at two homes on the market. We set a tentative date and time of 1:00 Wednesday afternoon. At noon, on that Wednesday, I hadn't heard from the agent so I called her. Lots of apologies and excuses and a new date and time was set - Tuesday May 13. Yesterday came and went and no call from the real estate agent.

So, does this mean that I am not meant to move? Probably not, although a part of me wants to say so. Does this mean that I am not meant to use this real estate agent? Yes. She's fired and doesn't even know it. Does this mean that I am not meant to buy either one of those houses? Maybe yes, maybe no. Sometimes I think I try to read entrails where there are none.

I am still sorting out work. I conscientiously pointed out that a revised proposal was two weeks overdue. Executives sprang into action...or more precisely, meetings are being held and words being written down. Tomorrow I am meeting with a different company to discuss a proposal that I have put forward. The challenge for me in the midst of these uncertain opportunities is to stay true to what I believe. I believe in not anticipating the outcomes (waaaay easier to write than to do) and I believe in listening not to logic but to my intuition when the time is right to make a decision.

I have experience in listening to my intuition and having the outcomes be fortuitous. I have experience in not listening to my intuition, and being aware that I was not listening, and having the outcomes be less positive. I know to listen to my intuition. It's just that sometimes it is a very quiet voice and I need to quiet many other thoughts to get to that inner sage.

The other thoughts surround my family. My mother's estate is being settled after a year in probate and my bank doesn't know how to set up the account. The cynic in me is really surprised. The real issue is that, by dealing with her money, I am thinking again about the past. It doesn't matter. Only the present does. I need to be present. Not in the past, not in the future. Now.

So I know what to do. Stay present. Be in the moment. Listen to myself. The hard part is the doing but at least I know.

Namaste,
Ginny

No comments: