Friday, August 24, 2007

Fall Changes

My thoughts are a muddle today. I've got change on my mind and I am having difficulty sorting out what I'm feeling, so I decided to go to yoga. Usually as soon as I lie down on my yoga mat, my breathing evens out and I focus. Not today. I was lying on my mat waiting for class to begin and I twitched, adjusted, drank water, and sighed. Monkey brain, lizard brain, or (if you know my dog who is named after a ski racer) Bode brain - I had them all. I was definitely not grounded.

What happened next, surprised me. We started our first breathing exercise in yoga class. I was still distracted at first, but by the third pose, I felt a peace and certainty as I went into each pose. I stayed in all the balancing poses. I stretched my leg out when I usually can't. My mind and body were coming together and I was just feeling. I was no longer thinking about change. Then, I thought, "oh I'm not thinking" and, no surprise, I lost the flow. I lost the pace and the peace, and started thinking about change again.

So, for those of you, who are embarking on change, please know that I am thinking about you. Whether your change is moving to a new city, starting school again, having a baby, retiring, entering a new relationship, know that you will feel grounded again. Maybe not right away but soon enough, and with sunshine, love and a bit of water, you will be rooted and growing again.

Peace to you all, and especially to Nadia, as she heads to Kabul as a volunteer nurse.

1 comment:

ninjanarmin said...

Ginny, I am REALLY enjoying your blog. Like I said at Lake Louise - it's showing me a new side of you. Keep 'em coming. Narmin