Thursday, August 30, 2007

Song clips

Music helps me to feel. Here's a sampling of some lyrics that have stuck with me (the criteria being at least two years and, in the case of a couple, nearly thirty five years).


"I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me, The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me, I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose, I've been battered, but I'll never bruise, it's not so bad... And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day and it's all your state of mind. At the end of the day, you've still got to say, it's all right." - Great Big Sea


"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine"-REM

"Here comes the sun..."- Beatles

"What if what you do to survive kills the things you love, Fear's a dangerous thing" - Bruce Springsteen

"She had diamonds on the inside" -Ben Harper

"Hey somewhere, you threw your fear into the Sea of No Cares" - Great Big Sea

"It's the first snow of the year, guess it happens once a year, oh glory and the dogs in the neighborhood are going crazy and even the old ones that are usually lazy"- Hawksley Workman

"I used to live in a darkened room, had a face of stone, and a heart of gloom, lost my hope, I was so far gone, cryin all my tears with the curtains drawn, I didn't know until my soul broke free, I've got these angels watching over me, Oh yeah watch me go, I'm a happy girl, Everybody knows that the sweetest thing that you'll ever see in the whole wide world is a happy girl Oh,yeah oh,yeah I 'm a happy girl"-Beth Neilson Chapman

I'm sure that as soon as I press "publish post", some new lyrics will enter my head (please not, "Sunshine on my Shoulders" - John Denver).

Namaste

No comments: